Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:16 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
First is a 10/0 Fin-Nor Machine Industries narrow (2 3/4") reel from 1945-1947. This one has some different features first off it's grey colored anodized head plate while the rest of the reel is that lite gold anodizing like a lot of the early reels were. Next if you look at the drag arch bracket it looks like anodized aluminum where most of these I believe were chrome plated brass. It's the only one I have like it. The other thing different is no holes for a rod clamp by foot which is also unusual. One thing I find neat with the Fin-Nor Machine Industries reels is when you take them apart every part seems to have a serial number !! And that is right down to harness lugs and other small parts !!

The next is my newest and one of my best finds so far ! It's a first model 15/0 big drum narrow ( 3" ) double handle reel. It's a neat reel and in darn good shape for being around 81 years old. Hope you like'em !! John Taylor

Another thing I just noticed if you blow up last picture of the Fin-Nor logo it looks to have been hand engraved instead of stamped in !!! I could be wrong but looks it to me ? JT

Last edited by 54bullseye on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:36 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
Wow those are some real beauties John!!

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:57 pm 
Super Board Poster
Beautiful reels. Thx for the pictures.

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:29 pm 
Advanced Board Poster
Very nice reels.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:42 am 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Very Nice John! :bow:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:19 am 
Advanced Board Poster
Okay check this out those early logos are definitely hand engraved ! Below first picture is from first model big drum from above logo and second picture is a 15/0 ( G model ) double handle from a few years later. Blow them up and they are different for sure and hand done to. Just something I had never noticed before I thought they were all done with a stamp. Any body want to compare your logo ?? John Taylor

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 am 
Reel Talk Member
Advanced Board Poster
Definitely Good Shtuff John! Wish I still had mine!
A Merry Christmas & Better New Year!
Nick in NY