Recent reel finds

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Greatsouthbayman
Frequent Board Poster

Recent reel finds

Post by Greatsouthbayman »

I picked up these and several more reels recently. Will be bringing them to Daytona Show in February.
Reeling Thru The Years
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Recent reel finds

Post by Mike N »

Super finds.

I love the cutaway tournament casting reel and cutaway one-piece handle. I will be in Daytona and hope to see them.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

What a score!!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Greatsouthbayman
Frequent Board Poster

A few more out of this recent find, also over 150 lures, metal spinners, fly rods, fly reels, plus a large Penn reel collection, Vom hofe reels and much more. Hope to see you all there!!!

Reeling Thru The Years
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

I like that ABU Garcia spinner. Do you have any immediate plans for it?
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
Greatsouthbayman
Frequent Board Poster

I honestly do not know a thing about it. I'm taking it to the show to see what interest there is in it and what price range it is in value. After that I probably will sell to the best offer. Thanks Anthony
Reeling Thru The Years
blf
Frequent Board Poster

Post by blf »

i happen to know exactly what the reels in ur picture are for. the only question is whose were they? the mfg of both reels are well known to any serious caster.

the hand made "spider web" integrated reel is a 5/8 plug distance reel. hair line running line with a long trace on the front to make the cast. controlled by shaft taper and oils if varying viscosities. see below. i used a similar reel to throw a 5/8oz plug 486 and lost, to my best friend. Terry Schneider. Bob Budd's grandson of Jeffersonville, Ind. are u listening Matt Whitlock ?

the coned reels is an old spinning reel with a special cone for distance with a 1 oz. plug. i have 1 locked in my gun safe for many years as a keepsake of my casting days. i spoke of bill burke building me a deeper spool for it. in his obituray, just before the 1973 national casting tournament in TEXAS. i used it to set a national record of 529 ft.
u can look up the article in the Sept 1973 sports illistrated issue. that article speaks to the competition for the all around between me and Steve Rajeff. i lost. d---it sorry, Betty best i can do. l.o.l.

the spiderweb reel was built by lew perkins of Columbus Ohio
the cone reel is a reel built by abu corp.

like a touch of history from a great time

b.l. farley

ooops just saw ur post date. email gone to you.
a little late to help but call me if u want to talk