Early 15/0 Fin-Nor CT model

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
54bullseye
Super Board Poster

Early 15/0 Fin-Nor CT model

Post by 54bullseye »

This is what I believe is an early 15/0 Fin-Nor CT model reel. I say early because of a couple unusual features it has when I compare it to other CTs. First off the bearing cap on the tail plate is the domed style chrome over brass type I have seen mostly on the earlier small drum Fin-Nor's. Second it has the early hand engraved Fin-Nor logo this is the only CT model I have seen with that logo. Please let me know if any one else out there has seen this logo and domed cap on any other CTs ?? One other thing unusual to me is the rod clamp doesn't have the loop for the safety line on it ?? Early or just different style ??

Then there is the red anodized handle ? Don't know if it is a replacement or custom color for buyer or maybe Grieten had made a few for red reels like you see and had an extra ?? Any body out there have an educated guess ? Or maybe the original was just lost or busted and this one was put in it's place !! Looks pretty cool to me and it has the old style grove for the locking bar to fit in which works perfect. I put line on it because it looks neat to me but the spool is in nice shape. The reel shows use and some scrape marks but has been pretty well cared for considering it's age I am guessing 1938 or 39 but that is a guess. Ed , Butch, Jay , Nick or anybody else who collects Fin-Nor's I hope you chime in with your thoughts !! Thanks for looking !
John Taylor

reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Re: Early 15/0 Fin-Nor CT model

Post by reeltackle »

Great reel John, I enjoyed talking with you about it today. As we discussed, it appears to be a pre-war reel, most likely 1939. The handle looks like Fin-Nor Machine Industries vintage. You are putting together a great Fin-nor collection, keep it up.
Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
KIWI
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Early 15/0 Fin-Nor CT model

Post by KIWI »

Nice reel John! Those hand engraved marks are cool. Doug