Shakespeare 1910 Metal & Rubber Reels

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Robyn Summerlin
Advanced Board Poster

Shakespeare 1910 Metal & Rubber Reels

Post by Robyn Summerlin »

Today’s mail brought two “new” treasures to the collection thanks to good friend and fellow ORCAn Joe “Shoalwater” Klaus! The Crown and Expert reels represent what have been the most difficult to find after years of searching and I now have at least one example of each of the eight Metal & Rubber reels offered in the 1910 Shakespeare catalog. Each of the models came in three sizes, 80, 100 and 120 yards, and while finding all 24 examples seems impossibly daunting, I feel like Jack Bright must have felt when Phil White presented him with his Holy Grail, the 40-yard Shakespeare Perfect!
ORCA Member
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare 1910 Metal & Rubber Reels

Post by joe klaus »

I am really glad that you like them Robyn
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Shakespeare 1910 Metal & Rubber Reels

Post by john elder »

We need a few family photos of your Shakes collection, Robyn! I’m sure you have a lot of history to show us!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures