A few new additions...

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Mike N
Star Board Poster

A few new additions...

Post by Mike N »

I added a few reels to my collection I’d like to share with ORCA members. These maybe are not the rarest reels, but they are sitting on my office desk and I enjoy looking at and studying them.

At the FATC Fleming Island show this Meek No.3 tournament reel with the large cork arbor and tiny tournament handle was offered. I own several but the form and style of this reel is just so perfect to my view of reel design, that I cannot pass one up. Aesthetics and functionality really came together with this No. 3, and in some ways I like it more than the rarer No.2.

The three miniature reels were handmade by Tony Dillender. When I bought two, a third reel was offered and I jumped on it. I’m not sure if it’s a future collectible, but the craftsmanship is superb, and as they say, go find another one for sale so you have to buy one when you see one.

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Re: A few new additions...

Post by reelsmith. »

Nice reels Mike.

First rule of collecting ...buy what you like.

Well done.

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
joe klaus
Super Board Poster

Re: A few new additions...

Post by joe klaus »

Beautiful reels Mike. I like all of these