ABU Watch

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Dr. Rob
Super Board Poster

ABU Watch

Post by Dr. Rob »

A long time ago, maybe almost fifteen years or so, i took a little trip to Svängsta and the ABU museum. There was nobody else there; just the curator and myself. In fact, the museum was actually closed, but he came down there to open up, just for me. We got along fairly well, I suppose. As a parting gesture, he gifted me a new, unused watch dial from the 1920s.

I have had it since then, intending to maybe do something nice with it someday.

So, I finally got around to it. Maybe I should have taken a bunch of step-by-step pictures of the process, but it would have been a lot... this took a whole lotta doing.

Movement from IWC, dial from ABU. Case in polished Micarta and details in stainless steel.

Robert Janssen
Sweden
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Re: ABU Watch

Post by reelsmith. »

Very nicely done. Love the case. IWC makes a great movement. Great hands too !

The dial has classic styling. Very handsome.

Thanks for sharing.

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Beautiful!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

My compliments! Very nice.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990