The "A" Team

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
xjchad
Frequent Board Poster

The "A" Team

Post by xjchad »

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted on here much, but read a lot. I have been fishing my entire life, and servicing/building/customizing reels for the last few years.
I don't really collect much. Since my wife and I have 6 children, my budget is very tight and I don't have much free space. I do have a few reels that are part of my small collection that I am very proud of and through the generosity of one of the members here, Ted (North by West) I just added a couple more that are now my centerpiece.
Ted generously had a fun contest on another site that I was fortunate enough to win these reels in. Not only are they fairly rare, but they have an awesome history that go with them. I've learned a bit about them already and read everything I could find on this site and others. If anyone has anything else to add, I'd love to learn more.

The Penn Super Mariner 49A and Jigmaster 500A were made by Penn specifically for the South African fishermen.

One thing I find very interesting is that the 500A is listed as having more line capacity than the 49A!

1badf350
Advanced Board Poster

Re: The "A" Team

Post by 1badf350 »

Very nice additions Chad!
-Chris R.
xjchad
Frequent Board Poster

Re: The "A" Team

Post by xjchad »

1badf350 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:26 pm Very nice additions Chad!

Thanks Chris!
They'll be right next to my Pflueger Interocean from the personal collection of Oscar Kovalovsky that you gave me! :D