Mitchell 406 I restore

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
don309
Big ORCA Fan

Mitchell 406 I restore

Post by don309 »

I bought a group of Mitchell's on ebay and this 406 as in it. So I restored it. I painted it with Dupli-color metallic black & Max 2K clear coat. To finish it off I baked the paint on a Webb grill.
Last edited by don309 on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Mitchell 406 I restore

Post by john elder »

Nice save! Have you ever done any comparisons to see if baking does any good in hardening the finish and making it less scratch-prone?
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
don309
Big ORCA Fan

Post by don309 »

I did a 308 Mitchell without baking, for my daughter at the beginning of the season. But she didn't fish due to the covid. I'll report on it at a later date.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Fixed the photos for you.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
don309
Big ORCA Fan

Post by don309 »

Brian,
Thank you, guess I'll have to figure out how to do that.
Retired so I'm out fishing or building a rodI :fished
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

No prob. There's a tutorial at the top of this section of the forum. After luploading the image, you need to click on the name assigned to it to actually place it into your message. In your case, you just copied and pasted the image url. That will work also but you need to add the correct HTML code at the beginning and end. There are two photos that I missed so perfect time for you to try.

Click on the pencil icon in the upper right corner of your message to "edit". Highlight one of the photos with your mouse, then click on the little picture icon above your message. That should put the same code at each end of the photo name like the ones before it. Repeat. Hit preview. If all looks good hit submit or update.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."