The Kineya Cavoucha Fly Reel

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
RonG
Super Board Poster

The Kineya Cavoucha Fly Reel

Post by RonG »

The Kineya Cavoucha fly reel is an interesting one. First of all, it's small and light and has an adjustable drag. Measuring about 2 3/16 inches in diameter and weighs 3.6 ounces. But, the thing that really caught my attention was the unusual markings on the reel. It does not have the usual Kineya logo. After spending some time trying to figure it out myself, I contacted Mas and asked him to explain what the symbols meant. It turns out the characters (אבדא כדברא) are Aramaic and spell out "Abracadabra." אבדא כדברא is a "magical charm or incantation having the power to ward off disease or disaster." Mas felt it was appropriate during these times of COVID-19.

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: The Kineya Cavoucha Fly Reel

Post by john elder »

Beautiful work! Aluminum and nickel silver or are pillars and foot brass? Maybe brass pillars and NS foot?
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Brass pillars and nickel silver foot.
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

This is a really great reel.

-- Dr. Todd