Finally got an Avalon!

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
john elder
Star Board Poster

Finally got an Avalon!

Post by john elder »

...And it was worth the wait, at least for me. Thanks go to Joe Putro and a heads-up from Ed Bauries so i could put this in the collection! it once had the anti-reverse and the handle was likely changed for going after Bonefish. I was going to replace both, but decided to just leave it as is...likewise with the external crack in the faceplate. this little fellow is only a 200 yd reel! Never even realized they made the Avalon that small!...it's about the size of a Penn 2/0.

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Very tough reel, John! (...you will wrap it in bubble wrap...) Congratulations! (...you will go to the post office...) So how did you go about cleaning it? (...you will mail it to Brian...) I believe I've never seen one in 8 years of looking...(sorry, I had to see if the subliminal mind control thing would work...) :D
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Sorry Brian...that trick only works on sentient beings...unless you're a Jedi Master :D ...and my wife won't let me sell the reel.

j
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

john elder wrote:Sorry Brian...that trick only works on sentient beings...unless you're a Jedi Master :D ...and my wife won't let me sell the reel.

j
funny, I thought wives wanted us to sell all the reels.

That Avalon is very cool, BTW. Neat size.