Favorite field find, Folks!

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Steve
Star Board Poster

Favorite field find, Folks!

Post by Steve »

Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Very cool Steve.

I don't have a photo of my favorite field find, but I want to do the tell part anyway. I found a Hardy Cascapedia mixed in with a bunch of glassware in an antique mall once. With a dealer discount I paid $117 for it. Bob Lang sold it for me and it paid for many of the nice Meisselbach's that are in my collection, which I was never able to find in the field, and also a new lawn tractor.

I don't know why I can't find anything I collect in the field, but I also did find a brass Hardy Perfect with rod in hand logo, which again was sold to pay for the stuff I collect. Maybe it's because no one in Idaho could afford good fishing tackle in the early part of the 20th century.
Ron Mc
Star Board Poster

Post by Ron Mc »

I thoguht Steve's field find WAS a new lawn tractor. jester

pretty cool.

I can't get any field finds around here - I can't get there before el L. does.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Nice find, Steve. Now, was that level wind an add on? And just what kind of reel is that?
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Oh, you mean do the "Tell" part. The reel is a first-model Meisselbach Take-Apart, like the reels in Geezer's earlier post. The level-wind is an add-on Redifor Spooler. Ron Mc was right. This fortunate combo started life as a lawn tractor, but I was able to convert it to what you see here. The restoration will be described in that other new forum.