Talbot tease

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Warren Platt
Advanced Board Poster

Talbot tease

Post by Warren Platt »

Here is photo of my Wm. H. Talbot floor safe. Name is hard to read, but is across the top of safe above the door. The door has been repainted, but not the Talbot name. Everytime I look at it I wonder what had been stored in it during the Talbot glory days before it was discarded to a warehouse in Independence, MO. The marking suggestes it's pre-1910.

Look closely and see if you can make out the Wm. H. Talbot lettering.
Warren Platt
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Warren, you need to follow up with a shot of all your Talbots in that safe. Nice!
Warren Platt
Advanced Board Poster

Talbot Tease

Post by Warren Platt »

Brian,
I didn't think anyone wanted a look inside! Thank you for asking. The photos below are a look inside the safe. I've added the black felt covered risers for better reel display, everything else inside is original. All reels displayed are Talbot reels, from the "Star" model through one of a kind special reels. Hope you enjoy the view.

Full view of inside of Talbot safe. I can't help but wonder what I might have found inside of this safe if I could have opened it in the early 1900s.

Top section of interior.

Bottom half of floor safe interior. Thanks for looking.
Warren Platt
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Super display, Warren! And you have the collection under lock and key to boot!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Reel Geezer »

Warren: It's interesting to speculate what might have been in the safe in the early 1900s, but I'll bet the stuff shown in the safe today is worth a great deal more than what Wm. H. had in there.
Len Sawisch
Site Admin

Gosh

Post by Len Sawisch »

I don't know, 40 Talbot reels in the original metal box? You might have a point Phil.
Warren Platt
Advanced Board Poster

Talbot Tease

Post by Warren Platt »

You guys may be correct in your thinking, but I'd still like to have had a look inside during 1909. One thing I will say though, I'd bet ol' William never had as much invested in it's contents at any one time as I do!
Warren