Anti-virus software

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Anti-virus software

Post by RAM »

Note that McAfee does not give an ok to the ORCA website, only a question mark. Why haven't we been cleared by them?
Bad Bob
Adnim
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Anti-virus software

Post by Adnim »

Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Don Champion »

I have McAfee and I can get on. You must have your settings so it will not allow it.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

No problem getting on. They simply don't give our site an ok symbol when you type it in, stating they have no basis for an ok, meaning when you click it you are on your own. It's no big deal, but with millions of sites okayed by them, just wondered why a site like ours existing for years was an unknown to them. No need to pursue this further. Thanks to Brian for his explanation.
Keep on keepin' on! BB
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I clicked on that link and there is a big "OK" check on our site, from the looks of things...no indication of problems!
Adnim
Frequent Board Poster

Post by Adnim »

RAM wrote:just wondered why a site like ours existing for years was an unknown to them.
While this site may have been around for many years, it changed domain name only 3 months ago. Additionally, the main website was also recently changed. i.e. yes, it probably was unknown to them.
john elder wrote:I clicked on that link and there is a big "OK" check on our site, from the looks of things...no indication of problems!
Absolutely correct! MacAfee say it has been tested and is fine yet MacAfee are also saying they are not sure. The issue is at their end and only bringing it up to them would resolve it.
I have issues with these 'indicators'. One of these issues is that a previously tested good site could become infected within a second. Results say "safe" and people are naturally inclined to trust that. It is a false sense of security!
Kelly L
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Kelly L »

My Netcraft toolbar thinks it is safe. I also have ESET NOD 32, and it does not have a problem with the site.