New Idaho Record Smallmouth

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Reel Geezer
Ultra Board Poster

New Idaho Record Smallmouth

Post by Reel Geezer »

What kind of odds do you think Vegas would give for a fisherman who held the Idaho record smallmouth breaking his own record? That seems a real longshot to me. Here is a photo of our new state record:
The fisherman is Dan Steigers and he had held the previous record with an 8 pound 5 oz. fish. This fish weighed 9 pounds 11.52 oz. It was caught in Dworshak Reservoir a week ago Saturday. There are lots of small kokanee salmon in the reservoir and there have been quite a few large smallmouth caught the past year or two. Dworshak Reservoir is over 50 miles long with some very deep water.

The fish was caught on a plastic Sweet Beaver, but they did not say what type of reel he was using. I don't think that there are any like that one residing in the Snake River near here.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

wow...that had to be a thrill to catch...and i think I see several of those small salmon hanging off that fish's beer (salmon) gut! Maybe you should feed those Snake River fish better, Geez :D
Jack Bright
Advanced Board Poster

G-r-e-e-a-a-a-t-te Smallie, whew !

Post by Jack Bright »

Reverse those numbers and a new world`s record---Move over Dale Hollow,
TN---When are you movin` Bob ?
piscesman
Advanced Board Poster

Post by piscesman »

Great looking fish! Almost looks like a pot-bellied large mouth. He's either very lucky or VERY good...Hats off to him.
Kim :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: