Carp Fishing!!!

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Carp Fishing!!!

Post by Bill Muth »

My parents came up this weekend (some of you know my dad, who is also a reel collector). We caught a dozen bass out on the lake, but the real action was back at the dock. . . .

Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Holy carp, Bill! :shock: Nice fish - How do you catch those things and wasn't that place looking like the polar ice cap just the other day?
Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Bill,

WOW! Amazing catches. Really great! And you didn't have to move from your dock...

Dr. Todd
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

Brian, catching them is very simple - put a worm on a hook with a small sinker and throw it out far enough to get away from the bluegill, but not so far that you go over the cliff-like drop off about 40 yards out from the dock. We saw a couple of the carp cruising in the shallow water near the dock, but any worm dropped in near the dock gets attacked by little shark-like bluegill. The water temps are in the low 60s, the ice disappeared in early March this year.
orourke
Super Board Poster

Post by orourke »

Bill:

I had a room mate once who actually ate those junk fish. What do you do with them?

Dave "O"
1949modphil
Frequent Board Poster

Recipe

Post by 1949modphil »

Get an oak board big enough for the fish. Coat board with butter and place fish on board. Bake in the oven for about 3 hours at 350 degrees. Remove from oven, place fish in garbage can and enjoy the board. Great fighters though, nice catch. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill Muth
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Muth »

When I lived in Omaha, there was a restaurant that, if I remember correctly, specialized in smoked carp, I think it was called Joe Tess', or something like that. I never tried it.