Great fishing weekend

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
MikeinWA
Frequent Board Poster

Great fishing weekend

Post by MikeinWA »

Well,I forgot my camera on Friday but will remember it the next time. Went sturgeon fishing up here in the Puget sound on Friday. Hooked up 4 times between the two of us. Kept the first two a 52 in and a 54 in and then each got a over 60 in. Man, can they strip some line.I will post pics next time.

On Sunday I went to my favorite small lake that nobody knows about but a handful of close friends. Caught 15 Rainbows and my buddy 12 fish with nothing smaller than 16 in and the biggest being 20 in. I hope to have video of that as my buddy is an amateur movie maker and we used his high def camera to film the catch and underwater release of the trout.

I'll see after editing we can'tput it up on you tube. Somevery nice aerials from the fish.

I need to go to work to recover from my weekend
orourke
Super Board Poster

Post by orourke »

Mike:

What is the season on Sturgeon? I thought they were a protected fish with a small window for licensed fishing. In Wisconsin I had heard that licenses were awarded through a lottery.

Just curious. A friend of mine has gone spearing for them for years and has only ever gotten one.

Perhaps that was the restricted license, spearing not bait fishing.

I'd love to see the video.

Dave "O"
MikeinWA
Frequent Board Poster

Post by MikeinWA »

Sturgeon fishing in Washington is year long with a slot limit that has just changed...They changed the measurement from the head to the inside of the V in the tale. I think it's 38 to 54 in. I go with a buddy and last year I think he caught about 30. You can only keep 1 a day and 4 a year.

Here is a pic of where I go. These are just a few of the ones that stayed to long to feed. We used to be the only one of a handful of boats out there till this news article and pic came out. You still have to know when and where to fish them :wink:

orourke
Super Board Poster

Post by orourke »

Amazing!