7 gallons of goodness!!!!!

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
waterbug
Frequent Board Poster

7 gallons of goodness!!!!!

Post by waterbug »

Had a fantastic time fishing Lake Eire today... Oct.9th sunday morning...

we where at the launch before sunup and fishing while the sun was breaking the horizon... just a beauty of morning... clam water, flat calm... a slight chill to the air...55deg. well we had our limit of yellow perch by 10:00am. average size was 8''s...

to me this is just as good as watching the sun rise this morning...look below...

Seven Gallons of goodness

sorry it was a long time sense I have been out fishing.. and that's what we did... I guess I should of took more pic's... of the whole trip... but We were focused... I will be having some of those little bugger tonight... MMMMM
Last edited by waterbug on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevenm
Advanced Board Poster

Post by stevenm »

Outstanding day at the lake there! Looks like the dinner menu is already decided. Use any old tackle while out?
waterbug
Frequent Board Poster

Post by waterbug »

stevenm wrote:Outstanding day at the lake there! Looks like the dinner menu is already decided. Use any old tackle while out?
Yep
Had An Wright Mcgill Denco 970- 7' with all stainless guides and matched it with a Abu cardinal 152
other rod was a 6'.6'' Zebco 44100 lite action all stainless guides and matched that with an Abu Garcia cardinal 3
and just home made perch rigs...
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

Went fishing on Lake Erie once, two days same trip. Water was calm but once the boat was away from land, got the sickest I've ever been in my life. Was walleye fishing with a group of guys. Sick the whole time out but once back on land in an hour couldn't even tell I'd been sick. The guys I was with were telling me the previous year they were fishing in 6ft. high swells. Never going fishing on any great lake or the ocean.
waterbug
Frequent Board Poster

Post by waterbug »

Jonathan P. Kring wrote:Went fishing on Lake Erie once, two days same trip. Water was calm but once the boat was away from land, got the sickest I've ever been in my life. Was walleye fishing with a group of guys. Sick the whole time out but once back on land in an hour couldn't even tell I'd been sick. The guys I was with were telling me the previous year they were fishing in 6ft. high swells. Never going fishing on any great lake or the ocean.
they make motion sickness pill... they work... Bonine is the best... you just have to take them an hour before you hit the water...
or you can be a flat land fisherman... which isn't all bad...
I have only been a little woozy once... that was down in the keys... but I got use to it... the key is looking at the horizon... and keeping your head above the gunnel of the boat...

good luck