Fishing for Clippers

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Fishing for Clippers

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

I took my 15yr. old Granddaughter fishing today for her second time. We were out at a friends lake fishing on a floating pier. I promptly dropped my Coca Cola finger nail clippers which have a string attached to hook though a belt loop, directly through a crack in the floor of the pier to the water below. I bemoaned the fact to my Granddaughter that although they were nothing special, I had probably had them in my tackle box for 20 years or longer always used them and although they could easily be replaced, I hated to loose them. As the morning went on I thought about the article on fish tales about catching the lost lure on the following day. My Granddaughter was catching bluegill. I took the biggest hook I could find, the biggest slip sinker I could find and put them on my casting rod. My granddaughter said "what are you doing"? I said seeing if I can hook my clippers. She said I don't think you'll hook them. I said probably not. On about the sixth try I pulled the clippers from the depths. It made no difference that I caught no fish, I was happy to have my .99 clippers back. She caught some fish so we both were happy. It doesn't take much to make some people happy. Jon