2015 Convention, Day 3 (casting, reel toss, etc)

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
Richard Lodge
Super Board Poster

2015 Convention, Day 3 (casting, reel toss, etc)

Post by Richard Lodge »

First, breakfast with the board, with President Betty Barr talking about the choice of Buckberry Lodge in Tennessee for the 2016 Convention, probably the first week of June.

Secretary-treasurer Roger Schulz, left, and board member and show co-host Butch Carey (photo by Patti Carey), before the start of the casting competition this morning...

Dennis McNulty won the overall casting crown, with a score of 352, Dan Basore finished a strong second, with 347, and Robin Saylor was a strong third, with 331 points.

Here, Robin Saylor, left, and Henry Caldwell comparing notes during practice...

Some of the gang practice casting:

And now a look at the great (and creative) form of our Stu Lawson Memorial Ugly Reel Toss competitors. Jacob Viereck won the prize, with two tosses into the ring.

Last year's champion reel tosser Susan Connelly...

Reel toss rookie Scott Edwards...

Henry Caldwell....

Heather Saylor, who was our always able (and mathematically accurate) scorekeeper for the casting competition....

Dennis "Mac" McNulty....

Betty Barr, getting a choice of ugly reels from show co-host Ed Pritchard...

Jacob Viereck, with his winning form....

Tania Viereck, with her toss....

And finally, Jacob with the trophy, laden with ugly reels. Rather than try to sneak this onto the plane in his shoes, Jacob will leave the trophy with Roger Schulz and receive a plaque commemorating this proud achievement. Jacob is, quite honestly, relieved.

Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Re: 2015 Convention, Day 3 (casting, reel toss, etc)

Post by Paul M »

Last night I was looking for different graphic material to use with some upcoming Facebook posts in order to promote the upcoming 2017 Convention. I came across this very brief video clip I took at the 2015 Casting Competition.
This clip will appear on Facebook this evening, so thought I should post it here first and for those of you not yet following the ORCA Facebook page.
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006