Member Profile Jon Kring

Post information about yourself and your collecting interests.
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Member Profile Jon Kring

Post by Brian F. »

Jon Kring. Currently O.R.C.A. Librarian for the past year. ORCA member since 2006. Have in the neighborhood of 700 reels. Mostly low end casting and fly reels. Probably have 75 + rods some I fish with some collectible. Bought a rod wrapper before I retired five years ago and have made one rod and not very good at that. My youngest son Paul who lives in Tn. is also an ORCA member. Don't know how many people have asked me if The Old Reel Collectors is a bunch of old folks collecting reels. I usually say I guess that applies. Especially for me since I just turned 70. I have a 17ft aluminum runabout with a 40 hp. engine in my garage which hasn't been in the water for 2 years. A 2 1/2 car garage w no room for a car. Boat mower, snow blower, portable generator, 5 bikes (including a 3 wheeler, plenty of fishing stuff and 4 file cabinets of library materials .

Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy
Super Board Poster

Re: Member Profile Jon Kring

Post by Dick Braun,that-zebco-guy »

Jon
Thank You for doing a Member Profile for the Face Book ORCA site. and thanks for everything else that you do to help support the club.
Dick
Bill Sonnett
Super Board Poster

Post by Bill Sonnett »

And on top of all that Jon you are an all around nice guy!

I wish my basement was that organized.
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

Jon:

If your wife ever tells you to clean out the garage/basement, let me know first!

Nice collection.
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

Jon is, to use a word I seldom use since few guys meet the standards, a real gentleman. He is also a friend and an asset to our organization. Dang it Jon, get that boat out and go fishing. It wont get any easier as I can attest. You are still a youngster. Keep on keepin' on!

Bad Bob

PS Absurdly great collection! How DO you get in and out of the garage?
butch carey key west
Advanced Board Poster

Post by butch carey key west »

Jon,

WOW - I didn't know you had that much! GREAT. Is that the place you play your mouth harp?

Butch
bettybarr
Advanced Board Poster

Post by bettybarr »

You need to open up a shop and museum. What a collection! Thank you for the photos and history. ORCA is grateful to have your knowledge and your generous spirit. Thanks also for your work as Librarian.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Post by Jonathan P. Kring »

No Butch, usually play the harmonica in the basement. Bad Bob: It can be difficult getting in and out of the garage.. Thanks Dick and Bill and Betty and Bad Bob for your kind words. Wayne, if I ever had to clean out you'd have to get in line behind my son Paul. Hey Butch have you already had the Sept. Parade??
big hoss
Advanced Board Poster

Post by big hoss »

What a room - a real man cave! I'm so impressed but how do you keep it so dang tidy? Is dusting an annual event or is it something that stops you getting the boat out? Any nice Swedish reels among your collection? Excellent pictures as well.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

Stays fairly clean without too much effort. Good thing. Got one Danish reel I got from Jacob V. Don't think I have any Sweedish ones. Most of mine are low end reels. As you can see from the pics., alot of things beside reels out there.
Jonathan P. Kring
Super Board Poster

One thing I have figured out from the member profiles, it's not who has the best reels, it's who posts the most pictures!!