Bill Burke 2016 Keynote Address

Get the latest on this year's upcoming convention or read about last year's
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Bill Burke 2016 Keynote Address

Post by kyreels »

I captured Bill Burke's keynote address at the Buckberry dinner of the ORCA National in Gatlinburg, TN. Sorry for the variable quality, I was not really planning on doing it, so I didn't have a tripod and the cleanup I did lacked a little. But it is well worth watching, since the great casters are few and far between, and have contributed so much to reel making and lore.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights and KY Reels and tackle
blf
Frequent Board Poster

Re: Bill Burke 2016 Keynote Address

Post by blf »

so glad someone finally captured Bill long enuff to record his vast knowledge. I have known him since 1973 at the national tournament in san antone" he kept bringing me water as I ran the accuracy event's

concrete pool in a sunken concrete basin in august. him and brother Wynn, were out life savers. never met either before. they had been great plug casters in the 50's in Kentucky. and to say thAt u had to be national class. being from TEXAS I knew some great plug casters.

Wynn gave me pre wedding physical. (wished he had failed me l.o.l. )
the burke family is/was 1 of the best bunch of folks I ever knew.
damn fine casters also.

beside being a great reel mfg, Bill kept my old spider web reel running, I received from Marion Garber in 1962.

nice job

b.l.f.
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Thanks BF. I would love to see a photo of your spider web reel if you can post one here. Or email me using the email button on my message here. I can post any photo you email.

The sport of casting is kind of a lost art now, and we appreciate any stories you may have, especially if they involve Burke and his cronies.
blf
Frequent Board Poster

Post by blf »

email to you

cant carry tail's on bill

he knows where the bodies are buried. we buried some together.
NOT L.OL.

b.l. farley