Tip re Cleaning

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
john elder
Star Board Poster

Tip re Cleaning

Post by john elder »

hey, if you want to know how you really did when you get done with a reel, take about 4 closeup pics and post with preview somewhere and have a good look! I've been selling some reels here and most were pretty dirty, so I spent some time wiping faces and I thought they looked pretty good...until I posted the pics! Man, it really shows up where you missed spots. I had 3 reels I was going to list today that after having a look at the pics, decided to go back for another swipe or eight!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
scottorock
Super Board Poster

Re: Tip re Cleaning

Post by scottorock »

Yes, Sir. I feel your pain.
Scott Truex
Hudson Valley, New York
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

The better the camera, the more horrific the photos. I had to stop using the flash for my photos a couple years ago and it's worked out better. You don't "hide" anything that way, but you also don't have photos that look like they were taken through an electron microscope or under 5,000,000 candlepower aircraft landing lights. And I was using a $99 ghetto camera.
Mark
The Fishing Hobby
Advanced Board Poster

Post by The Fishing Hobby »

Haha, I was just thinking about this yesterday myself!!!
Great minds as they say!
(formerly Insanehognutt)
Kevin Connell
Greenbrier, AR
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqne7f ... pp=desktop