- Paul M
- Ultra Board Poster
- Posts: 2172
- Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:10 pm
- Location: #WeTheNorth #SheTheNorth
Victor tells us: "In my younger years (1970's-80's) I fished Bass tournments and every winter would send my reels to Springfield, Mo. for servicing but after returning one three times due to incorrect repairs / service thought I better start doing it myself. These reels were tools that had to perform flawlessly. Just because a vendor hangs a ( shingle ) sign doesn't mean he has expertise with that model."
More comments from Victor:
*Known and traded world wide.
*Best Models were made in Sweden.
*Original lubrications on non fished collectables
last 30-40 years
Suggestions About Collecting Ambassadeur reels:
* Knowledge of the models and colors is required as you can't find these details in value publications.
* Many good Ambassadeur books exist .
* Contact someone knowledgeable before making a large investment.
* Many attempt to make changes to color and models to increase collector value.
* Custom made reels are everywhere and few have any real, reel value.
* Servicing time requires 2 3/4 hrs on average according to my own worldwide survey.
I admire Victor's knowledge of Ambassadeur, plus he is a very nice fellow. We met through Facebook but got together face-to-face last year in Ft. Wayne. I hope other like-minded ORCA members will reach out to him and make him feel welcome. Here are some of Victor's Ambassadeur reel pictures: