Problems with this site

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Stu Lawson

Problems with this site

Post by Stu Lawson »

Does anyone know who the webmaster for this site is? I thought it was Paul Mortensen and I sent him an e-mail message a week ago about my problems, but got no answer. Please post info here or e-mail me at THANKS.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

sorry...went to the dentist this AM
Last edited by john elder on Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Hi Stu and John,
Hey, I am here! :-) I received your email Stu. I have had a bit of a backlog in past months and will be able to get your issues straightened out this week. I try to get to everyone's email, even though it sometimes takes awhile. Sorry about that.

Anyone that has requested anything of me in the last month or two...
If you don't hear from me this week (by Sunday, July 11th) about taking care of you, please resend your request.

Thanks much,
Paul Mortenson
Dale Noll
Super Board Poster

Post by Dale Noll »

Paul,
This is just to let you know that over the past few months, I have been kicked off the ORCA website by Microsoft wherein I have been ask to send an error message. I have responded by sending to Microsoft the error message at least 4 times that I can remember - on 2 different computers and 2 different operating systems.

This kick off happened when I would switch from Yahoo email to ORCA site without first closing out which ever site I had been on last. Don't remember for sure, but think this happened when I went from Yahoo mail message reading to ORCA. The kickoff did not happen every time, but occasionally. Many times I just ignored the error message.

Well, last night I received a message from Microsoft - and a hotfix "KB888240" on the XP operating system Computer. This I have installed on the XP system. Wonder if will fix the problem, and if I will get the same Hotfix on the 98SE computer.

Sending you this info in case someone else has same problem.

Regards, Dale.
mortepa
Advanced Board Poster

Post by mortepa »

Thanks for the note Dale. Please let us (or just me) know if that problem goes away after your hotfix update. The site will also be going under some updates in upcoming weeks. I am not sure what is causing your problems, as this one is new to me. You may want to review your event logs for errors, reseat your memory, clear your history, delete cookies, and wipe all your temporary Internet explorer files. If that doesn't help, maybe the upcoming site updates will cause you less problems in the future. We will see.

Thanks!
Paul
Stu Lawson

Site Problems

Post by Stu Lawson »

Thanks for the update, Paul - Good to hear you're still alive and well even though it sounds as though you're swamped. In the meantime I guess I can use part of the site as a "guest." Hope the alligator level drops soon and you'll see daylight once again.