Pickup

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Don Champion
Ultra Board Poster

Pickup

Post by Don Champion »

I sold a Garcia salt water reel on e-bay and the buyer opted to pick it up rather than having it mailed. He picked it up today. But he bought it FOUR YEARS AGO! At least I'm honest and patient. I had visions of donating it at next years national for the silent auction.
Reeltyme

Re: Pickup

Post by Reeltyme »

Don, How much was storage?
Your story reminds me of a situation I had. I sold a fly reel on eBay to a guy in Colorado. He took forever to pay for it. I had to write a couple of emails to him to get my money. Once he paid, I mailed off the reel to him. Over a month went by and in the mail comes the reel back to me marked, undeliverable, no forwarding address? Well I email the guy to see what the story is and does he want the reel or his money back. eBay informs me that the account is closed! I had no way to contact him. I don’t know if he moved, got arrested or (god forbid) died! Anyway, I ended up with both the money ($30.00) and the reel. Kind of a “creepy” feeling! Your story had a much happier ending!
Patients is bliss!
Regards,
Randy McConnell
Reeltyme
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Great story Don. You have the patience of a lion.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Don Champion wrote:I sold a Garcia salt water reel on e-bay and the buyer opted to pick it up rather than having it mailed. He picked it up today. But he bought it FOUR YEARS AGO! At least I'm honest and patient. I had visions of donating it at next years national for the silent auction.

That’s a great story, Don. You are the man!

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990