Snake River Fishing Trip

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Snake River Fishing Trip

Post by Roger Schulz »

Phil White and I fished the Snake River for smallmouth this past week and had a great time. It was a fair week of fishing, but we still caught over 150 fish in five days. The water level was up, which may have reduced our catch rate. We still had a great time. At the age of 87, Phil still fishes almost five days a week. I think this was my ninth trip to Idaho fishing the Snake. It is always a lot of fun. Marilyn was our host and fed us well each day. The sweet corn is great this time of the year. Fudge is coming along in years and had to be helped in to the boat at times. He still like to go with us in the boat. Besides, catching great fish I picked up a couple of great reels and about 125 pounds of paper. Mostly issues of Forest and Stream back to 1875. I hope my wife let me go again next may for the largemouth bass fishing.

Roger
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Snake River Fishing Trip

Post by john elder »

Glad to hear, Phil! I miss your usual pictorial display but maybe you were too busy catching fish! Still think of Fudge as the new puppy! Boy, time is flying by!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Snake River Fishing Trip

Post by Mike N »

Great to hear you had a nice fishing trip, Roger! Always time well-spent.

Mike N
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990