Alaska 2019

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
reeltackle
Super Board Poster

Alaska 2019

Post by reeltackle »

Another fantastic year of fishing with fellow ORCAns Terry Ow, Steve Starrintino, and our most gracious host, ORCA member, Joe Connors owner and operator of Big Sky Charters & Fish Camp. If Alaska is on your bucket list of places to visit and fish you won't find a better operation than the one Joe runs on the Kenai River just outside of Sterling, it is the real deal! Big Sky provides everything, cabins, tackle, boats, guides, all you have to do is catch the fish. As we all know Joe is a great guy and he has been fishing Alaska since 1970 and his guides are the some of the most knowledgeable and friendliest I have ever fished with. When you are fishing on the river be sure to keep you eye open for moose, seals, otters, eagles, bears and who knows what else might pop out of the bushes. If you take the halibut trip watch for great whales, sea otters, seals and some of the most awe inspiring scenery you will ever hope to encounter. Thank you again Joe for another great year of Alaska fishing!

Ed Pritchard
http://www.AntiqueFishingReels.com
ORCA Charter Member "First Paid Member"
Honorary Life Member

"Reels As Big As Your Head" Always looking for BIG game reels and anything else that might go along.
reelsmith.
Ultra Board Poster

Re: Alaska 2019

Post by reelsmith. »

A great looking trip and an awesome group of guys. Can't not have fun with that group !

Thanks for the pictures.

Dean.
Wanted: Kosmic Items, Small Leather Fly Reel Cases, Early Fishing Related Bottles, Fly Reels and Pre-1900 Angling/Casting Medals.

http://www.tackletreasures.com/
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Alaska 2019

Post by john elder »

Nice fish and great company, Ed! Thanks for posting. That trip is yet another one on my bucket list.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures