WM.Krohn & the U.of Maine’s history of the state’s lure makers (2019 ed.)

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Mike N
Star Board Poster

WM.Krohn & the U.of Maine’s history of the state’s lure makers (2019 ed.)

Post by Mike N »

William Krohn, who has published NFLCC articles, and the University of Maine published this 162-page revised article in February, 2019, on the history of that state’s lure makers. There are great photos of the vintage flies, spinners etc. and tackle catalogs. It’s very thorough.

Link:

https://works.bepress.com/william_krohn/84/download/
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: WM.Krohn & the U.of Maine’s history of the state’s lure makers (2019 ed.)

Post by RonG »

This guy spent a lot of time and effort on documenting the spinner and fly makers in Maine. I am surprised at the number of marked spinners I hadn't heard of. I wish he would have also done some research on Philbrook & Payne from Bangor, Maine.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Knowing Bill, he probably has a file on P&P, along with a lot of others. Nice guy, thorough researcher, and helluva fisherman, as well! Perhaps he can be inspired to follow up with some reel reports.
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
roycestearns
Frequent Board Poster

Post by roycestearns »

Thanks for the link ... excellent piece of research. One of the things I noticed, these ME trolling spinner makers didn't scrimp on hook or fly work. very impressive. I'm inclined to start a new collection!