Roadtrip anyone?

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jason
Super Board Poster

Roadtrip anyone?

Post by Jason »

Coronavirus got you cooped up inside? I though someone might like to see some scenery. On monday I went on a little work trip and I recorded a 153 mile section of highway from Delta Junction to Glennallen, AK in a 2 frames per second time lapse video. I saw lots of moose and caribou but at this speed they are just blips. I hope it doesn't make you car sick.

https://youtu.be/y-EGmHm1tow

Jason
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Roadtrip anyone?

Post by RonG »

Wow, that was some trip. That's a novel idea for showing the Alaska highway in March. Looks like you still got a pretty good bit of snow up your way.
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

Wow is right. I haven't driven that fast since the last time I crossed Nebraska. You couldn't do that down this way:

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
RAM
Ultra Board Poster

Post by RAM »

No cars, no traffic lights, no stop signs, no buildings, no millennials. Amazing place!

Bad Bob (already getting the shack nasties in less than one week.)
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Krikee! Was that a car you passed or a moose??!!! I’m guessing you have quite a survival kit in your trunk!

And of course the most important question: any decent tackle at the garage sale?? :D
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures