MAJOR UPDATE TO REELTALK STARTING MAR 30

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: MAJOR UPDATE TO REELTALK STARTING MAR 30

Post by kyreels »

Remember you have to login to get quicklinks to work. If your IP address changes, the system forces a login even if you say remember me. Some network connections you have may change iP addresses more frequently.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
jimbofish
Advanced Board Poster

Post by jimbofish »

Under "User control panel/Board preferences/Edit notification options" To the right of the list of options there are two columns of boxes that one can check or uncheck. Presumably these are for selecting different methods of notification, but there is nothing to indicate what the columns are.
"We'll take the car and drive all night. We'll get drunk. We'll go fishing and stay away until she's gone"
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Yes, the Edit Notification Options has the headings hidden due to the wrong color font. It should read "NOTIFICATIONS EMAIL" for the two columns. In other words, checking the first column will result in notifications coming to the board only, and the second column will result in an email to you.

We will get this fixed soon.
Matt Wickham
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

In the meantime, wherever there is a dark blue area you can cheat by putting your cursor in the dark blue area, left-click and drag- then all the hard-to-see text will become temporarily visible.

BTW - no problem on an iPhone, it is just large glass that has this color contract issue
Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Here's a suggestion since you are trying to make things better after this update.

If a person uploads photos for a post all is fine while you are creating the post..... but..... if you opt to preview the post at anytime prior to completion all the photo links are lost.....meaning..... if you happened to post an incorrect photo link and want to go back and correct it after the preview you have to also go back and upload the photo, or photos, you originally uploaded.

In other words, is there any way to retain the uploaded photo links through one or more previews? It sure would save a lot of cussing. :bash: :lol:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Midway Tommy D wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:21 pm ..... if you opt to preview the post at anytime prior to completion all the photo links are lost.....meaning..... if you happened to post an incorrect photo link and want to go back and correct it after the preview you have to also go back and upload the photo, or photos, you originally uploaded.
That appears to be a bug, we will add it to the list. The links are there, but you dont know what they are. I recall this used to work.

The font problem with the UCP has been fixed, hope that is all of them left.

Thanks for hanging in there, keep reporting stuff you find. Things will all eventually get fixed.
Matt Wickham
Paul M
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Paul M »

Test of creating post with pics, then saving as draft, then opening draft, editing and posting.

Paul Manuel

Member since 2006
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Matt,
I think I may not have been real clear. If you preview the post all the photo links are still in the draft when you go back to it but the uploaded photos and links are all gone, so if you want to change a photo link in the draft before submitting it you have to reupload any photos you want to change because you can't see what the link, i.e. photo, actually is anymore.

Paul,
I see no reason to have to save a draft just to be able to edit what you are composing if photos have been uploaded. I don't think most people would even think of going to that extent. You should be able to compose, then edit and then post without losing photo upload links.

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I understand the bug with preview, it will be fixed.
Matt Wickham
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Post by wrong99 »

Still not able to delete any PM's. Comes up as an "invalid" request.
Mark
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

wrong99 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:02 am Still not able to delete any PM's. Comes up as an "invalid" request.
Mark
Same here.

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

The list PM delete patch is still not available. You can only delete individual PMs by editing and deleting.

The issue with previewing the post and having the image upload form not retrain the previously uploaded images was present in the previous version of the board, and will require a change that we are planning. I will keep you posted.
Matt Wickham
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

We made an update to the image uploader to increase the size limit of images to 3 MB to enable more images to upload without editing. We also improved the ability to handle images from some image editors. The samples people sent me that were problematic now work fine. I tested in IE11, Chrome, and Safari. There should be some improvement.

The issue where you start a multi-file upload and one of them fails, and you go back to upload just the one that failed and the others then disappear as reported by Midway, is not so easy to change. The two windows are separate and stateless, and we would have to code specifically for that, which is not so straightforward. We will be looking at that for the next round of larger enhancements.
Matt Wickham
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Thanks a ton, Matt, for your effort to keep this board working smoothly. Everyone should realize how much time it takes to do the work behind the scenes.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Thanks also to you Brian, for doing the bulk of the admin work on Reel Talk. I guess we have to update some of the FAQs and image uploading screens to show the new 3 MB option. Will work with you in private messaging to see how we can do that.
Matt Wickham