Idaho brown trout

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Idaho brown trout

Post by Ray Hencken »

Pictured is an 18" Idaho brown trout taken on a #18 Copper John nymph in August. One of six taken on the Copper John that day. Six others preferred a #10 Parachute Hopper. One heck of a day!
KIWI
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Idaho brown trout

Post by KIWI »

Pretty Work ! They are beautiful fish. Everyone here in MD is fishing for snakeheads. Not so pretty. Doug
Wayne B.
Super Board Poster

Post by Wayne B. »

That is a gorgeous fish!

I lived in Michigan City, Indiana in the 80's'. I was fortunate to be able to fish Lake Michigan for about 7 years during it's peak. Typical catches were Coho, Steelhead, and Chinook. Every now and then we would get a Lake Trout, and even less often there was an occasional Brown. They were low in numbers and very elusive. You never had a problem identifying what you caught!
Wayne Benson
ORCA Member, 2009
Waynesreelcollectibles.weebly.com
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Nice fish Ray! Opening day got into my favorite honey hole...managed 9 fish by 9:30 AM with many lost and the largest a tad over 3lbs! Not bad for a river with so much pressure...today fished my heart out, nothing in the river so plan B stopped at my favorite crappie spot on the wY home...about 30 fish in under 2 hours! Topped off the day with 7 bass with my little guy across the street from my home. No size to talk of just numbers. Tight lines Nick n NY
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!
jhuskey
Frequent Board Poster

Post by jhuskey »

Wonderful big trout!