One man's trash.....

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

One man's trash.....

Post by Jim Schottenham »

.....could be a reel collectors dream. Who wouldn't want an opportunity to dig through this stuff in hopes of finding a great piece?
NYC Hidden Archive of Trash
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
jhuskey
Frequent Board Poster

Re: One man's trash.....

Post by jhuskey »

Appears one could spend a few (hundred) hours digging around in there! Thanks for that!
Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

When I was young, I hoped for a career as a fruit pit conservationist. Finally there's a job opening.

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
Nick in NY
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Nick in NY »

Wow that’s interesting...There was a tv show a couple years ago that talked about the items found when sifting through the trash in NYC, although not the same it did talk about the sanitation department starting a museum and displaying the “1 mans trash...” in upper Harlem. You’d be surprised how many times best finds are/were found in the trash! Years ago when I was collecting CCBCO #700 minnows a cousin of mine found an old tackle box curb side in Brooklyn...he knew I collected tackle and saved it for me not knowing the Heddon 150’s and red headed 700 silver flash were worth a small fortune...just saying goes to show....Tight Lines Nick n NY Holzman reel collector
Wanted Ultra rare salt water reels including big game as well as unknown rare surf reels!