Idaho Rainbow Trout

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Idaho Rainbow Trout

Post by Ray Hencken »

My Isolation, boredom relief for the day. Here is a picture of a nice 18" rainbow taken in Idaho last August on a #10 Para Hopper. One of a few on that wonderful day. Rod is a 8 1/2', 5 wt. Diamondback graphite rod , the reel is a CFO III screwback purchased in 1974 and still my go to reel. The fish don't mind the bumps, bruises, scrapes, scratches and finish loss incurred in 46 years of fishing that reel.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Idaho Rainbow Trout

Post by Mike N »

Ray, that’s a great photo. If these strange times have taught us anything, it’s not to take any great outdoor experience for granted.

Mike N.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Ray Hencken
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Ray Hencken »

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately, transferring the picture from my phone to Picture Trail to the ORCA web site some of the color and definition of the photo is lost. I haven't been fishing since mid February, so I look at these pictures and relive in my mind the experiences of the days on the water.
Roger Schulz
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Roger Schulz »

Talked to Phil White last week and he is still out fishing at 89 for largemouth and smallmouth bass. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my May fishing trip with Phil because I really didn't want to get on an airplane. Phil, post some LMB and SMB fish pictures.

Also, I hate to mention it, but Phil had to put his trusty dog Fudge to sleep a couple of weeks ago. Fudge, I believe, was 12 years old. What and great and wonderful dog.

Roger
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Post by Mike N »

Thanks for posting about Phil, Roger.

Sad news about his loyal companion, but great to see that Phil is still out chasing the big ones at 89.

Mike N.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Good to hear about Phil still getting out there, Roger, but sorry that Fudge passed on.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."