orcaonline.org login is down

Check back here for all your latest ORCA news and announcements!
kyreels
Super Board Poster

orcaonline.org login is down

Post by kyreels »

The Store and Account functionality on orcaonline.org is down today. A member reported that to me and I am also not able to login to the Store or Library or My-Account. If you try a purchase or a login, you will receive a blank screen with no error. I am working with our hosting provider to see what happened. I will report back as soon as there is anything to report.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: orcaonline.org login is down

Post by kyreels »

Our orcaonline.org site had some malicious malware injected due to a compromised plugin we use. Ironically, we had patched the compromise, but it appears we got attacked the same day earlier. We have partially removed the malware, but have to rebuild some files on the site to ensure it cannot come back. This will result in our library and store to be down for a few hours over the next 24 hours.

The Facebook posting that reported the site redirection was in fact accurate, and I should have reported it to our hosting provider sooner. We now have a better malware scan being done every week, so hopefully we will avoid this in the future.

Websites are usually compromised only by stealing an administrative login credential, but in our case it was compromised with a widely used commercial plugin. If you are interested, here was the vulnerability that bit us.
https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2020/09/ ... er-plugin/
Even though our site was patched the same day we were notified, we still were hit.

If someone wants to post to the Facebook site, that we were compromised but repaired this, it might be good. It turns out that the poster was correct and could have actually helped us if we recognized what to do. In this case, a member reported a Store issue and this led to the finding and repair, which is still in progress.

I hope that the site will be fully functional by the end of 9/10.
Matt Wickham
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: orcaonline.org login is down

Post by kyreels »

The site is repaired and back running. However, we had to reset all Wordpress/Store/Library/Account passwords. You will have to reset your password with the Forgot Password link, or you can do it directly from here

orcaonline.org/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

Or, you can refer to the options listed in the following link:

https://wordpress.org/support/article/r ... -password/
Matt Wickham