Orchard Industries rods

You got 'em, we know how to clean 'em
Unron
Big ORCA Fan

Orchard Industries rods

Post by Unron »

Hi. This is my first post so be gentle. My son and I have been collecting Orchard rods specifically Bakelite handles for several years now. I recently purchased one that has a pretty significant gap at the top of handle where it meets bottom of reel seat. I've taken screw out of butt and sprayed everything with blaster but it doesn't seem to budge. Im afraid to put too much pressure on things.Am I trying to do the impossible? If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Re: Orchard Industries rods

Post by Robin Sayler »

I love these rods and how many varieties can be found. I think your on the right track trying to clean it out. Were you able to get the rod off the handle?
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
colby sorrells
Super Board Poster

Post by colby sorrells »

The plastic has shrunk. I have one that has done the exact same thing. Do not try to force it or it will break. Sorry. Colby
Unron
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Unron »

Yes. The rod has been removed from handle. I actually had thought about shrinkage since I have seen them with varying gaps but wasn't sure that was a thing with these. I guess I will clean it up and let it go. Thank you for the input!!
Unron
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Unron »

By the way. Is it possible to take the handle apart? Remove bakelite? Without destroying it of course.
Robin Sayler
Super Board Poster

Post by Robin Sayler »

I don't believe it is, I've had handles that fell apart but i think they are glued together normally.
I would like any unusual pflueger casting reels!
Unron
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Unron »

Ok. Well not the answers I was looking for but I definitely don't want to destroy it trying to take it apart. Thanks!