Fishing for Jaws - 16/0 Penn in the chair

Share your fishing adventures, especially ones using antique tackle!
jreflect
Big ORCA Fan

Fishing for Jaws - 16/0 Penn in the chair

Post by jreflect »

This summer, I've been thinking about dragging a seal (imitation) around in front of cape cod beaches when the fishing is slow. Looking for the reel from Jaws 16/0 Penn. Want to hear the clicker. Preferably a beater in good working condition. Thx. Also, I have a fin nor miami tycoon guide 130 class rod with a damaged roller, the big one that is a double. I would like to replace the top roller and don't know where to start. I would really appreciate some help because google ain't cutting it.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Fishing for Jaws - 16/0 Penn in the chair

Post by john elder »

can you post a pic or email me one? I can probably repair your guide. I'll send you a PM with my info.

Re that Penn 16/0, I thik there are about 5 floating around out there that claim to be the Jaws reel :bash: , but you might advertise on the FB Penn page or keep watching ebay to find that affordable 16/0!

best,
john
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
jreflect
Big ORCA Fan

Post by jreflect »

I don't need the exact one, haha. I just want to put a big shark on one of those rigs for a lark. I need the chair too.
1badf350
Advanced Board Poster

Post by 1badf350 »

Let me know if you need to borrow my harpoon gun and barrel. :D

-Chris R.
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Shellbelly »

That's the only single shot Greener I've ever seen!

Regarding trolling for sharks, I've never done that or heard of seal, real or fake, for bait but it makes sense in my fishing brain. Where do you get a fake seal and how do you rig it? How do you make it act like a seal? I'm not being rude, I really need to know this. You Northeasterners do some hard core fishing.

I don't imagine one would throw a cast net for...?bait-seal? today. I really don't need to know how real ?bait-seal? is procured and I imagine it has been used for bait over the centuries.

The meanest thing I've trolled for is alligator gar. Kind of tight quarters as compared to open water, but fun.