Moving a collection

Someplace just to show that reel collectors do have a life
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Moving a collection

Post by Shellbelly »

We are transitioning to retirement and are moving back toward salt air and sand. Having been here over 30 years collecting things, I have to pack my spinning mechanical devices and get them to a new home. If you have done this, please share how many boxes it took to do this. I had no idea of the amount of STUFF I have amassed over these years. When you have to consider logistics solely for your collections, it's an awakening moment.

I just bought a couple more reels.....and some parts....
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: Moving a collection

Post by kyreels »

Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Shellbelly »

I'm at 21 small uhaul boxes. I'm discovering things in closets now from 20 years ago. Funny thing, some of that wasn't "collectible" when I stowed it back then.
Paul Roberts
Super Board Poster

Post by Paul Roberts »

We’re doing the same here. Luckily, I’m new to “collecting” (hence the quotes). We have enough to deal with as it is. Coastal weather though is having us looking more inland. Might have jumped the gun acquiring SW reels.
ORCA 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Shellbelly »

Amen, Paul. we are settling in...with a tropical storm "welcome back" just 30 miles south of us! We have too much stuff! a 53 foot moved our furniture and most of the boxes. we made 3 trips in a 26 foot truck to get the rest. We were exhausted, but we did pretty good for a couple of retirees. Not only did we have our respective collections, I had a wood shop to move. I collect wood and probably moved a half ton of lumber. You really have to re-evaluate when you pull up stakes and move your life.