Hardy Multipliers

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
GRASSNGLASS
Big ORCA Fan

Hardy Multipliers

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

I collected these for years, but in a moment of weakness sold all but the eight I fish with.

Was a downer when I realized I would probably never be able to replace them.

Need to watch out for those spur of the moment thoughts about selling items from your collections.

john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Hardy Multipliers

Post by john elder »

Marquis? There are a lot of those out there if you ever want to go back, but i think we have all let some favorites slip away. I sometimes wish i still owned every reel i’ve had, along with every car. However, that would have meant no money for purchases i came to enjoy more!

J
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
GRASSNGLASS
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Hardy Multipliers

Post by GRASSNGLASS »

I had two Marquis 4's that were new in the box. Shined like a new dime. I believe they would be pretty hard to replace. Plus, even the more common models are way more expensive now than they were twenty years ago.

My remaining reels are a two Marquis 6's, two Marquis 7's and four Marquis 8/9's. These are the easiest to find, the least valuable, but all great fishing reels for the rods I use.

Like you, I've probably had over five hundred different reels over the years and most have been moved on to allow other purchases. I was happy I had a chance to check most of them out, but only regret selling a handful.

Barry