Penn 114H 6/0 in Black

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Penn 114H 6/0 in Black

Post by Shellbelly »

While researching some older posts here, I learned that this model is kind of scarce but I wouldn't go so far as to say rare. I will say that it is sought after based on the bidding I saw. After losing a few rounds at the bidding place I was finally the early bird on a "buy it now". I have to say that this site with all the archived information has taught me quite a bit in many aspects and I am very impressed and appreciative.

This reel isn't in the best of shape, but it is restorable and I'm happy to add it to the pile. I look forward to improving its condition.
1badf350
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Penn 114H 6/0 in Black

Post by 1badf350 »

True. A Senator collection would be incomplete without one of them. Most people don’t know of their significance.
-Chris R.
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Shellbelly »

The seller obviously didn't know the significance either and I must have been the first collector to stumble on it. I know it wouldn't have lasted more than an hour at the price.
blacklab
Big ORCA Fan

Post by blacklab »

Sorry, I just saw this post.
You got one !!
Well done, as Chris sais, It's kind of a must have for any Senator collection....

Col
Shellbelly
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Shellbelly »

Well, thanks to you both! I'm looking at another one and we'll see if it makes it my way. As the Fabulous Thunderbirds say, "One's too many and a hundred ain't enough." That is the epitome of becoming a collector.
1badf350
Advanced Board Poster

Post by 1badf350 »

I used to look out for them and buy them up. I think I stopped at 15 or 16. LOL
-Chris R.