Antique Tackle Wanted by Restaurant

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
RonG
Super Board Poster

Antique Tackle Wanted by Restaurant

Post by RonG »

I got this email from Levi Goode looking for items for his restaurants in TX. If you are interested in contacting him, send me a private message and I'll send you his email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron,

I am an avid saltwater inshore fisherman and also own a few seafood restaurants in Houston, Texas. I decorate my restaurants with family fishing photos and vintage fishing gear To share with our patrons. I am opening a new location and in search of some nice vintage tackle, reels, lures, rods, shadow box displays, etc. I would very much appreciate any contacts or connections with anyone that might have items I am interested in. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Levi Goode
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Antique Tackle Wanted by Restaurant

Post by RonG »

I have received no PM or email from you. Were you logged in when you did?
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

I dont believe the Contact by email or PM is "screwed up", but there is usually some reason that can be determined when some communications does not occur as expected. Administrators of the board (such as myself) have the ability to impersonate permissions of any user (not their identity) and test out the functionality. I impersonated Bob and was able to email and PM Ron. Note that if you send a PM, it appears in your PM outbox until it is read by the member. Only then is the PM changed to Sent folder. So every user has the ability to look at their Outbox to see if a PM has been successfully created, and look at their Sent folder to see if the member has read it.

As to email communications, we have seen many members not respond to emailed messages. I always copy myself on any email to ensure it was sent, and you can actually reply all to that email to then send a direct email. I suspect that many members that do not respond to emails from the board have SPAM filters that have not been tuned to accept email from the board email relay. Relayed email is inherently given a downgraded spam score on many email services, so it may be inherently less reliable that PM messages on the board.

I think that all technology is inherently limited and should be easier to use without all the explanations. I talk to members frequently that report issues where their particular configuration (such as not accepting cookies and having to login each time) or spam filters or something causes some issues. Wish that it were simple, but its not always. But usually, its not the board, its the user configuration or interface that is the root cause.

BTW, any user using this board needs to ensure that cookies are enabled and they are not using private mode in their browser. That will cause issues with permissions.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Brian F.
Star Board Poster

Post by Brian F. »

Thank you for the help, Matt.
Aloha
Brian F.
_________

ORCA Member 1997
Got a spare reel stamped "Pflueger" or a Montague Imperial?
"Caution, objects in reel view mirror are older than they appear."
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Bob,

You can go to my website and click on my email to send me a message that way I'll have your email. You are not an ORCA Member, so I do not have your email.

Ron