Four Aces Fly Reel

Use this forum to share your stuff so round up your favorite reels! Questions can still go to the Reel Talk - General Forum
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Four Aces Fly Reel

Post by klonder »

Did some searching here and didn't find much, so I though I'd post some pic for those who would like to add to their archives. I'll take more if wanted.
The elusive Bronson "Four Aces" fly reel. One of Bronson's initial offerings in 1933 I understand. Cast alloy with a satin black finish. Marked on the face of the tail plate "FOUR ACES" and on the inside "1402" with the Bronson? logo below.
Popular in Nevada I would think :)

Kevin McJunkin
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Four Aces Fly Reel

Post by Kevin McJunkin »

Here's mine in the box. You can go to the Bronson Reel Photos site, maintained by Mark Williams of ORCA, and learn more about this reel, including catalog listings.

Kevin

Jason
Super Board Poster

Post by Jason »

I've seen those before but never knew they were made by Bronson. Thanks for sharing.
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Post by klonder »

I didn't know either until I ran it down. Also, the tiny trade mark on the tail plate confirmed that assessment. Cats don't list a 1402 as mine is marked and the other I've seen had no marking at all.

Kevin, is yours's marked at all?
Kevin McJunkin
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Kevin McJunkin »

Mine is marked the same as yours.

Teal
Ultra Board Poster

Post by Teal »

Mine is a different box version and different finish ... The reel is all black and unmarked. The box has the color "suits" on the label and no model number. I think this is an earlier one.

-- Dr. Todd