SAVE THE DATE - Reels and Deals BBQ

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

SAVE THE DATE - Reels and Deals BBQ

Post by Deepfins791 »

Save the date!! COVID be damned, we are re-starting our annual BBQ. We will be celebrating everything we put on hold over the last two years, including our 15th wedding anniversary, 60th birthdays, and now our 62nd birthdays. That's right! We are now on Social Security! The BBQ will be at our home in Pismo Beach on May 21st. This would be a great excuse to plan a vacation to the beautiful Central Coast of California before the crowds show up.

Our BBQ is a very fun and informal get together with all our fishing, spearfishing, surfing, artist, tackle collecting, nutty, weird, politically incorrect, outrageous, loony, socially dysfunctional friends, and their spouses/kids/pets, etc. It will be one heck of a bash! Tackle collectors are encouraged to bring something to sell, trade, or show off. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please PM me. EVERYONE is welcome. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
John and Kim
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Re: SAVE THE DATE - Reels and Deals BBQ

Post by kyreels »

This is on my bucket list, but we cannot make this year due to prior commitments. Do you always do this around end of May?
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Matt,

We usually have it in June, but I thought we'd try and hold it earlier to avoid the start of tourist season. The price of motel rooms goes up and the traffic gets worse after Memorial Day. Other than that, we could schedule it anytime. Even during tourist season, there is plenty of things to do and see within 50 miles of Pismo, where you could avoid crowds and traffic. There are some great coastal towns, such as Morro Bay and Cayucos that have lots of good dining, antique malls, art galleries, beaches, etc., all within 40 minutes of our house. And we have world class breweries and wineries within 20 minutes.

We could change the date if we knew some out of towner's would be able to make it. I seem to recall there being a tackle show earlier in May or maybe late April we were trying to stay away from. Let me know what works for you, Matt. We'd love to have you and your family join us this year.

Cheers,
John
kyreels
Super Board Poster

Post by kyreels »

Thanks John. Just bad timing for me this year. I love the dates, I will be there in the near future. Have a great BBQ and tackle festival. If anything changes for me, I will be there. I recommend this to anyone that can make it. It is a beautiful area and a unique venue.
Matt Wickham
Collector of Casting Weights, KY Reels and KY Tackle
Deepfins791
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Deepfins791 »

Just a reminder, we are less than two months away from the historically big bash at Casa Bechtold. Please PM me if you will be able to attend, or if you have any questions.

Cheers,
John