Mystery Walker 3000 reel

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Kanapolis282
Big ORCA Fan

Mystery Walker 3000 reel

Post by Kanapolis282 »

I just joined this forum and I don’t know if this fits here but my Grandaddy left me a box of vintage reels and I was hoping someone here could give me some information on one of them. Google searches bring up next to nothing. I don’t know much about it but I can say with certainty it hasn’t been used in at least thirty or forty years. Like I said, I have been through pages of google and have found nothing of use. The only help I can possibly give is a friend told me a Japanese company used the name Walker for closed reels and my Grandaddy fought in the Pacific during WWII. Again, not sure if this fits the old reels y’all specialize in but any info would be a big help.
Kanapolis282
Big ORCA Fan

Re: Mystery Walker 3000 reel

Post by Kanapolis282 »

Forgot to upload the pictures sorry.
Kanapolis282
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Kanapolis282 »

Steve
Star Board Poster

Post by Steve »

According to [Ben] Wright's Spinning Reel Reference & Value Guide, 2011, pg. 426, Walker spinning reels were made during the 1960s. Ben listed five models, of which the 3000 was the largest. His price estimate at the time was $25, but it's been awhile.

Steve Vernon
ORCA Honorary member

Book: ANTIQUE FISHING REELS, 2nd Ed.
Websites:
Antique Fishing Reels
Kopf reels
Hendrick reels

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose."
Kanapolis282
Big ORCA Fan

Post by Kanapolis282 »

If at all possible, could you post a transcript or picture of the pages referencing Walker?
CincyDavid
Big ORCA Fan

Post by CincyDavid »

Apologies for a late response but I have some Walker spinners too, they look like 1960s era Japanese production. Incidentally they are identical to some reels I have that are labeled as Herter's. I can surmise that they are trade reels that retailers could label however they liked. Not bad reels for what they are, simple, not worm drive but sturdy enough.