ISO Cozzone check spring

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

ISO Cozzone check spring

Post by klonder »

Hoping to find a caliper spring for a 2-1/4" Cozzone 60yd fly reel. Fortunately, Cozzone saw fit to used screws to attach the spring making for easy removal/replace.
Any help most apprieciated.

klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Re: ISO Cozzone check spring

Post by klonder »

Bueller??? Bueller???
Or maybe sugestions as to repair? Not a "fisher" but nice to make it functional although only a "display" reel.
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

I’ll see what i can find. Got lots of click springs but trick is to find right size. I had to replace one on one of mine, so will compare. These little buggers were hard on springs, for some reason!!

John
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Post by klonder »

Thanks John. It's just about 1" dia. No worries about the holes as I can drill and tap np, but would need the flange for sure.
Cheers
john elder
Star Board Poster

Post by john elder »

Steve, what i have is smaller for most part… one possible. I still have your address from a past deal so will send for yoi to try unless you found one.

J
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Post by klonder »

Thanks again John for your help. Been mulling over thoughts of a bit of the right sort of wire and solder. I doubt I'll find an original replacement.
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

I found these in the Drawer Maze I have. Let me know if you could use one.

klonder
Advanced Board Poster

Post by klonder »

Thanks for the offer Ron. Unfortunately they are all too small. I need a 1" dia spring to fit correctly.