DAM Quick 110N I believe

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
texbear
Big ORCA Fan

DAM Quick 110N I believe

Post by texbear »

I just purchased and received my second project. I am pretty sure it is a DAM Quick 110N. The issue is the AR was not working. When I got the reel the AR lever was separate from the reel. I disassembled the reel and found some pieces in the upper assembly but don't know if I have all the parts, and if I do how to reassemble. Is there a place to find a schematic or a video on how to repair the AR on this reel? Below is a pic of what I found when I opened up the reel.
texbear
Big ORCA Fan

Re: DAM Quick 110N I believe

Post by texbear »

Well I figured out the problem. I got the reel off of ebay and it said the AR was not working. Whoever opened it up previously had the dog in backwards. I am going to look for a replacement spring and dog because neither are in good shape, but it is working now. Two reels purchased and 2 reels back in service. I think I like this new hobby.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Looks like you have all the parts. The U clip looks to be complete with a good spring post. The spring appears to have one end loop broken and the center portion could use some reconfiguration. You may be able to bend a new loop on the end if it actually is broken, or you may be able to find a suitable replacement at the hardware store (maybe Ace). The dawg looks to be fairly worn on the end. You can file the roundedness to be crisp but once you get that part filed you may have to file/adjust the curve a little so that the dawg catches the stop correctly on the rotor. It's really not a difficult adjustment, just file sparingly. Someone probably took it apart because it is worn and wasn't catching.

If you click on the thumbnails they'll enlarge.
Here's what a new dawg looks like:

Here's the completed configuration:
Love those Open Face Spinning Reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
RonG
Super Board Poster

Post by RonG »

Hey Tom,

You're the man when it comes to knowledge about open face spinning reels.
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

Thank you, Ron! I'm still learning, every day brings a new adventure. :)

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027
texbear
Big ORCA Fan

Post by texbear »

Thanx for the information Tommy. Do you happen to know if a 220N dawg would fit the 110N?
Midway Tommy D
Star Board Poster

Post by Midway Tommy D »

texbear wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:08 pm Thanx for the information Tommy. Do you happen to know if a 220N dawg would fit the 110N?
Yes, it will.

Here's the "N" Schematic:

And here's the corresponding parts list:

Click on the thumbnails and they'll enlarge. Click on the enlargement and it will enlarge some more.

Tom DeLong, NE
ORCA Member - 2027