Early Enterprise Mfg./Pflueger ads & fly envelopes

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Early Enterprise Mfg./Pflueger ads & fly envelopes

Post by Mike N »

Note: this was part of an earlier thread. Jim Schottenham provided an important part of the information.

viewtopic.php?t=24371

Pflueger collector Mike Gerhard provided this page a while ago from an early (1892-1893) Enterprise Mfg. of Akron, Ohio (Pflueger) catalog. The ad was used for selling flies under the Eagle (American symbol) defeating the Lion (a British symbol) trademark. The great tackle trade war across the Atlantic.

I just find this era of tackle advertising fascinating and am in the process of trading for a few more of these 130-year old delicate pieces of folded paper fly envelopes. Any other added discussion (again) here would be appreciated.

Last edited by Mike N on Wed May 04, 2022 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990
RonG
Super Board Poster

Re: Early Enterprise Mfg./Pflueger ads & fly envelopes

Post by RonG »

I'd like to find a reel from the period with the eagle and lion image stamped on it. That'd be something.
Mike N
Star Board Poster

Re: Early Enterprise Mfg./Pflueger ads & fly envelopes

Post by Mike N »

RonG wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:28 pm I'd like to find a reel from the period with the eagle and lion image stamped on it. That'd be something.
Yes, Ron. That is a unicorn worth chasing.

If anyone has a clearer photo of that page from the 1892-93 Enterprise catalog, I’d love to see it.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike N.
ORCA Founder, 1990