Bronson site problems

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
spadej1
Advanced Board Poster

Re: Bronson site problems

Post by spadej1 »

Yes Matt, thank you for what I assume was harder than explained. I don’t do website coding, but I have had to redo some websites and some programming scripts and I know how tedious it can be.
-James-
New to reel collecting so bear with me please. I like reel deals!
wrong99
Star Board Poster

Re: Bronson site problems

Post by wrong99 »

kyreels wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:54 pm The Bronson Trade Reels pages are fixed. It was much tougher than I hoped for in the beginning. The issue was that the page 1 was too large given the way the image galleries are managed through all the plugins, and with our somewhat outdated Theme, it was taking too long to render and was timing out. So I had to split the page and thus created four pages, which meant all the page links had to change.

Unfortunately, when copying the pages with the image galleries, some of the galleries did not properly copy over. This may actually be the root of the initial issue, that some of the galleries were corrupt. I had to recreate and reselect the missing galleries by searching and selecting the image files. Unfortunately, they are not named with any consistency and there are duplicates, so it actually took many hours over several days.

We just have to reorganize a bit and improve some things for the future to make these easier to maintain. But the next step is to update our Theme, and then we will look at the entire Reel Research site for a refresh and reorg of content.

For now, lets just close this thread and report any issues you see to me via email. Thanks for all your patience. Its not easy sometimes and we all have many balls to juggle. Just bad timing with all the Nationals and all the other activities in summer fishing.
Thank you, Matt. I appreciate it.
Mark