Are there any Ari 't Hart collectors here?

ORCA Online Forum - Feel free to talk or ask about ALL kinds of old tackle here, with an emphasis on old reels!
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Are there any Ari 't Hart collectors here?

Post by Jim Schottenham »

I'm looking for some assistance with identifying a Hart model. I've been told the information in the Hart book by Geschwinder is incorrect, and I need some clarification. Is there a member that can help?
Thanks in advance,
Jim
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
john elder
Star Board Poster

Re: Are there any Ari 't Hart collectors here?

Post by john elder »

Jim, probably your best source would be to post on the ary T Hart board on FaceBook and see what you come up with. They obviously know everything there is to know and I guess the only issue would be if they disagreed about the incorrect nature of the published material! My guess is they will-eagerly share either way!
ORCA member since 1999
Honorary Life Member

Specializing in saltwater reels...and fly reels...and oh, yeah, kentucky style reels.....and those tiny little RP reels.....oh, heck...i collect fishing reels!...and fly rods....and lures
Jim Schottenham
Super Board Poster

Post by Jim Schottenham »

Thanks John - it was on that FB page that I was told the book information was incorrect. However, some of the information provided as a reply to my inquiry is inconsistent, which makes me question the replies I received.
Jim Schottenham
ORCA Honorary member
www.SideMountReels.com
Jason
Super Board Poster

Post by Jason »

I see what you mean, most of the black ones have a different style tailplate.

For what its worth, these two reels are both Aras models, and two Astrid models. Model names don't seem to mean much since Ari took so much artistic freedom especially in the last 20 years.

Eric J
Advanced Board Poster

Post by Eric J »

I have the F2 Rio Orbigio and F3 Lake Taupo reels, and the streamside fly tying kit, but I’m really not a knowledgeable collector. There are so many variations and one-offs of ATH reels. It reminds me of the Redington ATH reels, and the “grease” well is similar to the “grease watches” ATH sold in the ‘80’s that held fly floatant. Cool reel, as they all are.