SOLD - Otto Zwarg Reel Parts Hoard For Sale

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
RonG
Super Board Poster

SOLD - Otto Zwarg Reel Parts Hoard For Sale

Post by RonG »

Otto Zwarg died in 1958 and his company stopped making reels in 1960. A long time reel collector acquired all the remaining parts in inventory after the Zwarg company stopped making reels. He acquired the parts because he didn't want to see them going to be scrapped. The parts were used to make the Maximo salt water reels and the Fly and Salmon reels. So, recently I acquired the parts from his estate and am interested in finding someone that could use them. I also did not want to see them going to scrap. I'm going to keep a few screws and that's it. Sorry, the parts are mostly unfinished and you could not be used to assemble a reel without additional machining or processing. There is a bunch of German silver screws, German silver and aluminum handles, rings, click springs, German silver and aluminum feet, etc. A lot of the tooling and fixtures are also included. If if interested, please Private Message (PM) me for details. See photos below.

Some of the parts
German silver spool ends before forming
Small parts
Small bronze Arbor castings weight
Large bronze Arbor castings weight
Maximo rings weight
Salmon and Fly reel rings weight
Maximo German silver spool ends before forming weight
Otto Zwarg Fly Reel
Otto Zwarg Maximo Reel