Yawman & Erbe Adv. Envelope and Letterhead to his Son FS

Post your reels, lures, and other old fishing tackle here that you want to sell or trade. Also, post all your wanted items here too.
limnos
Frequent Board Poster

Yawman & Erbe Adv. Envelope and Letterhead to his Son FS

Post by limnos »

This is a dated\canceled 1898 Yawman & Erbe advertising envelope and letterhead with letter. The envelope is addressed to Victor Yawman and written to Victor Yawman on Y&E letterhead. It expresses the father's concern about not hearing from his son for over 2 weeks since he left for college in Montreal, CA. He stresses the important of studying, getting along with fellow classmates and the "Father's" (I assume a Catholic College?). He talks about how college is costly, and that he may not see the benefits of it now, but it will reward him later getting through school. He talks about how "Mama" misses him as well. Signed at the end "I remain your ever loving and dear Father". I can only assume this is a letter from Mr. Yawman himself, on his own company letterhead to his son Victor Yawman. A little piece of angling history with some personal insight into Mr. Yawman himself.

100.00 including shipping.